Having a workout buddy increases weight loss and motivation.
When choosing a workout buddy keep this in mind; the exercise type, their fitness level, their skill level, and is this a friend or acquaintance that you won’t back out on no matter what?
Whether you’re trying to shed a few pounds or simply maintain a healthy lifestyle, here are some great strategies to find a workout buddy.
A recent study at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine concluded that exercising with aworkout buddy improves weight loss results.
Still not sure if a workout buddy is for you?
I’ve been there too. I’ve had some workout buddies that help me back from my fitness goals, but if you choose a motivated on, they are great for the following!
- Accountability, they don’t leave you hanging and you don’t leave them hanging.
- By working out with someone better than you, they will pushes you to work harder and go further.
- They are there to motivate you during the good and bad times. You are there for them also.
After you have a clear vision of what your ideal workout buddy looks like, now you can go out and find one.
You may have a friend or acquaintance that is perfect, but if you don’t look here:
- Meetup.com – You can find anything from a local yoga at the park group to meet-ups for exercising with your pets!
- Groupon – Everyone loves a great deal and you can sign up for anything from horseback riding to rock climbing.
- You can even do something outside of the normal fitness classes that’s perhaps a bit scary like pole dancing or trapeze.
- Doing something new creates a bond, then you can strike up a conversation that may be that perfect workout buddy you’ve been looking for.
- Ask Your Trainer or Coach – They know your fitness level and personality plus know everyone at the gym.
- Asking them will get you linked up with a workout buddy quick.
- Reach Out to Friends – This is a great way to spend time with friends, but watch out for chatting too much.
- Reach Out to Coworkers – Is there a coworker that is interested in healthy living like you?
- Talk to them at lunch tomorrow and find out what their fitness goals are.
- What’s great about this workout partner is you see them every day and you have similar schedules.
==> LET ME COACH YOU FOR FREE! <==
Love reading my posts,but want more one on one attention?
Have questions or concerns, but you want them answered in private?
Want a Daily Action Plan created to help you reach your FIT BODY in less time?
Then sign up to get my Beachbody Coaching for FREEEEE!