34 Flares 34 Flares ×
Total Time: 16 min.
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cooking Time: 11 min.
Yield: 1 serving
½ large sweet potato, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
4 large egg whites
1 large egg
1 tsp. olive oil
1 sprig fresh rosemary, leaves removed and chopped, stems discarded
1. Fill bottom of steamer with 2 inches of water; bring to a boil over high heat. Place sweet potato in top of steamer; steam for 5 to 7 minutes, or until fork-tender. Set aside.
2. Combine egg whites and egg in a small bowl; whisk to blend.
3. Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat.
4. Add egg mixture; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until set.
5. Place eggs and sweet potato on a serving plate. Sprinkle sweet potato with rosemary; serve immediately.
Tip: Sweet potato can also be cooked in a microwave. Pierce clean sweet potato 4 to 5 times with a fork. Microwave on high for 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender. Peel and cut into pieces.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Fat: 10 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 186 mg
Sodium: 326 mg
Carbohydrate: 15 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 4 g
Protein: 22 g
==> LET ME COACH YOU FOR FREE! <==
Love reading my posts,but want more one on one attention?
Have questions or concerns, but you want them answered in private?
Want a Daily Action Plan created to help you reach your FIT BODY in less time?
Then sign up to get my Beachbody Coaching for FREEEEE!
Scrambled Egg Whites with Steamed Sweet Potato