Quinoa Chickpea Salad
Here is a great quinoa chickpea salad recipe you will enjoy for lunch or dinner.
- cups quinoa
- 1 clove garlic, mashed into paste
- 3/4 teaspoon salt plus a pinch
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 1 15 1/2ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup sliced or slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup pitted black olives, sliced
- 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 package spinach
1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil; add the quinoa and cook until just tender, about 12 minutes. Drain well.
2. Using the flat side of a knife, mash the garlic into a paste with the pinch of salt. Place in a large bowl and stir in the lemon juice, black pepper and remaining salt; whisk in the oil.
3. Add the cooked quinoa and the chickpeas, almonds, olives and bell pepper to the bowl and mix. Serve over the spinach and drizzle with olive oil.
==> LET ME COACH YOU FOR FREE! <==
Love reading my posts,but want more one on one attention?
Have questions or concerns, but you want them answered in private?
Want a Daily Action Plan created to help you reach your FIT BODY in less time?
Then sign up to get my Beachbody Coaching for FREEEEE!