How To Make Chicken Piccata
This traditional Italian dish was originally made with veal, but this healthier version made using whole wheat flour, olive oil, and lean chicken breast is just as delicious and is also high in protein!
Total Time: 30 min.
Prep Time: 7 min.
Yield: 4 servings, 1 chicken breast each
• 4 (4-oz.) raw chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
• 1 Tbsp. whole wheat flour
• 2 Tbsp. olive oil
• 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
• 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
• 1/2 cup low-sodium, organic vegetable broth
• 6 Tbsp. capers
• 1 (14-oz.) can quartered artichoke hearts, packed in water, drained
• 2 cups sliced mushrooms
1. Place chicken in a resealable plastic bag. Add flour and seal. Shake to coat chicken.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add chicken; cook for 3 minutes on each side, or until browned.
4. Add garlic; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender.
5. Add lemon juice, broth, capers, artichoke hearts, and mushrooms; cook, turning chicken halfway through, for 12 to 15 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
|240||10 g||2 g||73 mg||560 mg||10 g||2 g||3 g||27 g|
==> LET ME COACH YOU FOR FREE! <==
Love reading my posts,but want more one on one attention?
Have questions or concerns, but you want them answered in private?
Want a Daily Action Plan created to help you reach your FIT BODY in less time?
Then sign up to get my Beachbody Coaching for FREEEEE!