Chicken Satay with Peanut Dipping Sauce
Coconut milk, honey, and a touch of spice make this Thai appetizer a delicious snack or light lunch.
Total Time: 2 hrs. 21 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 6 min.
Yield: 8 servings, 2 skewers and 2 Tbsp. dipping sauce
Ingredients for Chicken Satay:
3 shallots, finely chopped
6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
½ cup canned lite coconut milk
2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
1 Tbsp. raw honey
3 fresh cilantro sprigs, chopped
¼ tsp. ground cumin
¼ tsp. ground turmeric
2 lbs. raw chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cut into 2-inch chunks
Ingredients for Peanut Dipping Sauce:
2-3 Tbsp. hot water
½ cup chunky peanut butter
3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
1 Tbsp. raw honey
2 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
½ tsp. chili sauce
Preparation for Chicken Satay:
1. Soak 16 wooden skewers in water.
2. Place shallots, garlic, coconut milk, lime juice, honey, cilantro, cumin, and turmeric in blender; cover. Blend until smooth.
3. Place chicken in a glass dish. Top with marinade; mix well to blend. Marinate, covered, in refrigerator for 2 hours.
4. Preheat grill or broiler on high.
5. Place 2 to 3 pieces of chicken on each skewer.
6. Grill or broil skewers for 5 to 6 minutes, turning every 2 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle, and juices run clear.
Preparation for Peanut Dipping Sauce:
1. Place water, peanut butter, lime juice, honey, soy sauce, and chili sauce in a small bowl; whisk to blend.
2. Serve 2 skewers with 2 Tbsp. dipping sauce.
==> LET ME COACH YOU FOR FREE! <==
Love reading my posts,but want more one on one attention?
Have questions or concerns, but you want them answered in private?
Want a Daily Action Plan created to help you reach your FIT BODY in less time?
Then sign up to get my Beachbody Coaching for FREEEEE!